Hello, beautiful people! Today’s post is super, super exciting for me because I was nominated for a Liebster Award! I never thought I could receive an award like this, so I am super psyched!
Who nominated me?
I was nominated for this award by the lovely Blair from Midnight Macarons. Blair is one of my most active and dedicated followers and I am in love with her blog. Please make sure you check out her blog! Thank you so much, Blair!
What is the Liebster Award?
The Liebster award is awarded to bloggers, who have been nominated by other bloggers. The award helps to promote their blogs and gain more readers and followers.
Questions I was asked:
1. What is your number one blogging goal?
Well, my main blogging goal would probably be to inspire teenage girls, much like myself. I want to help people and make their lives the slightest bit better with my posts along with helping girls my age to find their sense of style and get inspired by me.
2. If a movie was being made about your life, what would it be called?
Hmmm, tricky one. I’d probably say Life as a 5’9, 14-year-old, African-American High School Freshman. Pretty boring I know, ha ha!
3. If you could have anything you want right now, not materialistic, what would it be?
I’m going to say raw, genuine success. I want be extremely successful and thrive in anything and everything I do.
4. What do you hope to achieve in life?
I want to have a huge, happy family as well as to go to a killer college and just to be everlastingly happy.
5. Who or what inspired you to start blogging?
Lauren Conrad is probably the person who inspired me to start blogging. I’m so in love with her, her personality, her clothes, and her blog. I have always loved fashion, but I’d have to say that she inspired me to actually start a blog.
6. How would you describe your style?
I don’t think I could put my style in one category. I think I have a mostly edgy, chic, and modern style. I also really like a girly and classy style. I love a good pair of ripped jeans and a graphic tee, but I also really love turtlenecks and heels (though I am 5’9, oops) and Chelsea boots. I’d say I have a universal style.
7. Where do you see your blog in a year?
I think my blog would definitely look a lot different, appearance wise, but I also think I’ll do very well and have lots of blog traffic.
8. If you were going to be on a reality TV show, what would it be and why?
I don’t think I’d be on a reality TV show if I’m being completely honest. I’m a quiet and conservative person and I don’t face too many conflicts or argue with people a ton. A reality TV show with me would be quite a bore, yikes!
9. What makes you happy?
Jesus, tea, books, music, my family, my friends, Tumblr, ankle boots, blogging, helping people, when strangers smile back at me, turtleneck sweaters, poetry, Lana Del Rey, sunsets, pink peonies, shopping, baking, city lights, New York City, handwritten notes, coloring, ripped jeans, the morning time, fruit, chocolate, love, and cute text messages.
10. What was one of your most embarrassing moments?
I love to write poetry. When I was in seventh grade, I wrote a poem, and my friends had encouraged me to share it with the class. I gave it to my teacher and asked her to read the poem, keeping the writer– me– anonymous. My teacher read the poem herself and told me that she loved it and that if there were any poetry contests going on, she would enter me in. She proceeded to read it to the class and everyone laughed. People said horrible things about it. The worst part was, my crush at the time was talking to me about how bad he thought it was.
I’m not sure if that counts as an embarrassing story, but that’s as embarrassing as it gets in my life.
10 Facts About Me:
(1) My family is from Nigeria and Yoruba is their first language.. We are very cultured and I love my family more than anything. I do wish they taught my sisters Yoruba before English though.
(2) I don’t watch TV very often, but the few times I do, you will see Food Network on the screen. I love food and cooking and baking. I don’t know why I find watching people cook so captivating. Ask any of my family or my best friends, Food Network is literally the only thing on TV I watch. I am more of a Netflix girl, though.
(3) I am completely and utterly obsessed with New York City. I went with my family and two of our family friends over the summer and I was completely in love. My phone lock screen is actually New York City skyscrapers. When we were on the Brooklyn Bridge and looked back to see the skyscrapers, I nearly burst into tears. Although New York City reeks of cigarette smoke and pizza, I love it. I definitely want to go to NYU and live in New York City when I’m older.
(4) I am the second youngest kid in my grade. I was born in September of 2001. One of my friends Leila, is younger than me by just a few months. We are the babies of the grade. My best friend is older than me by a month and turned fourteen the day before freshman year started, so I guess she could be considered one of the youngest kids as well.
(5) I cannot watch horror movies, but I love horror books. I will be extremely paranoid and afraid for two weeks after watching a scary movie and won’t be able to sleep. This is weird because my favorite books to read are horror/murder mystery books. My two favorite shows are also The Vampire Diaries and The Originals, both of which are very gory shows. Strange.
(6) I play the violin and am a part of my school’s orchestra.
(7) I have an aunt, an uncle, and multiple cousins from England. My father has six other siblings and two of them live in England and have children, all of which have British accents that I am extremely jealous of.
(8) I really hate whipped cream, but I’m not sure why. I will only have it on top of hot chocolate or maybe with fruit, otherwise I despise it.
(9) I play volleyball as a middle hitter for my school during the fall. I am currently playing on a recreation team.
(10) I love to help people and make people happy. I don’t know what I want to be when I get older, but I know that I want to be helping people and making their lives better.
Bloggers I nominate:
(2) Officially Dylan
(7) Klass Kafe
(9) Olivia Batt Blog
My Questions For Those Nominated:
1.) Where is one place you would like to visit in the world?
2.) What is one of your favorite childhood memories?
3.) What are your hobbies?
4.) Who is/are your favorite blogger(s)?
5.) What do occupation do you want to have?
6.) What is one thing you wish you knew before starting a blog?
7.) What is one of your bad habits?
8.) What do you want to have in life that is non-materialistic?
9.) If you could have one super power, what would it be?
10.) What is/was your favorite and least favorite subjects in school?