Hello, my beautiful friends. Today I wanted to share with you six things that I like to do to unwind after a long day. We all can get overwhelmed at times and can write one too many things on our to-do list. I am a sophomore in high school. I’m trying to keep up with all of my schoolwork, maintain a certain GPA, stay caught up with my friends, have somewhat of a social life, do chores at home, etc. It’s important to realize that you deserve to relax and unwind and you deserve to take time to yourself. We live in a world where everything is go go go! and we may not realize that it’s okay to take a break and it’s okay to slow down. Doing at least one or two of these things a day is important for your mental health and to keep you sane.
(1) Take a hot shower or bath. I personally enjoy taking showers. I go to school five out of seven days a week and am constantly surrounded by people and their energies. Unfortunately, not everyone has the best energy and I like to pretend that the water from the shower is cleansing all of the negativity and energy of other people off of me. I find this really relaxing and can just make you feel a little better knowing that all of the negative energy is off of you. Plus, you’re fresh and clean and are making sure your hygiene is in check.
(2) Listen to some calm music. When I say calm music, I don’t mean search for a Spotify playlist of monks chanting. If that’s what you find relaxing, go for it! I really like to listen to Lana Del Rey when I want to relax. I have a pretty broad music taste and am open to anything that is not country or heavy metal, but most of the time you will find me listening to rap music, edm/remix-y type music, or Broods. When I want to relax, I love Lana. If you listen to really intense, hype music then it may be nice for you to listen to something a little calmer. I also really like classical music. I play the violin, so maybe that’s why but I really like to listen to it when i’m trying to relax or read. It’s all about personal preference, so listen to music that you find relaxing, whether that me Lana Del Rey, classical music, monks chanting, or anything else.
(3) Make some chamomile tea. I freaking love chamomile tea. My favorite kind is the Tazo Calm Chamomile Tea. Chamomile tea is one of the best kinds of teas to have when you can’t sleep. I drink it quite often, it’s one of my favorite ways to relax. It’s good for you, it tastes good all by itself, and it helps you to relax and fall asleep. The chamomile tea will be linked at the bottom of the post.
(4) Read a book. This is also one of my favorite ways to relax. I love making myself some chamomile tea and reading a books. I read literally almost every single night. It’s so, so, so relaxing to me. Especially when you have a nice, warm cup of chamomile tea, and minimal lights on. This is so much better than doing your nightly scroll through Instagram and Twitter. It eases your mind and allows you to sleep better. I can link below some books that I like or that i’m currently reading.
(5) Do some yoga/meditation. I really like to meditate as often as possible. There are countless amounts of benefits to yoga and meditation. I personally prefer meditation. Most nights before going to bed, I like to do some guided meditation off of YouTube to make me feel a little more relaxed and centered. You can do guided meditation especially when you don’t know what to say to yourself while meditating. I also like to do sleep hypnosis to help me fall asleep. I find this extremely relaxing and it helps me to fall asleep so much. I will link all of my favorite guided meditations and sleep hypnosis videos.
Links to Everything Mentioned:
10 Minute Guided Meditation for Positive Energy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZQ9GfmzR14&index=1&list=PLtLllsPW6tgFZYXls8kvtPdYhSEU6DcmG
5 Minute Calming Meditation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i50ZAs7v9es&index=2&list=PLtLllsPW6tgFZYXls8kvtPdYhSEU6DcmG
5 Minute Morning Meditation Quick Way to a Great Day: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rsBpfxEGAA&t=41s&index=5&list=PLtLllsPW6tgFZYXls8kvtPdYhSEU6DcmG
5 Minute Abundance Meditation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AkEAKtL7a8&t=19s&index=4&list=PLtLllsPW6tgFZYXls8kvtPdYhSEU6DcmG
Be Positive & Learn to Love Yourself Sleep Hypnosis: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sv0-3-5UBQ0
Stay Motivated For a Busy Work Life Sleep Hypnosis: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFkVI9ZlnMk
Motivation for Everything Sleep Hypnosis:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxIdlBLLhHc
Ultimate Life Success Sleep Hypnosis: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlHHrclQfxo&t=3s
Links to Books
The Power of Now by: Eckhart Tolle – https://www.amazon.com/Power-Now-Guide-Spiritual-Enlightenment/dp/1577314808/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1486925749&sr=8-1&keywords=the+power+of+now
A Court of Thorns and Roses by: Sarah J. Maas – https://www.amazon.com/Court-Thorns-Roses-Sarah-Maas/dp/1619635186/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1486925769&sr=8-1&keywords=a+court+of+thorns+and+roses
A Court of Mist and Fury by: Sarah J. Maas – https://www.amazon.com/Court-Mist-Fury-Thorns-Roses/dp/1619634465/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1486925769&sr=8-2&keywords=a+court+of+thorns+and+roses
I hope you all have an amazing and productive rest of your week!
What is something you like to do to unwind?